Ocean Explorer Centre
The Ocean Explorer Centre is the visitor centre to the UK's oldest oceanographic institution, the Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS).
SAMS delivers the research showcased in the centre.
- Visit the cool (polar-themed) cinema and watch short films on marine science
- Discover the largest mountain chain on Earth on a 3-D globe.
- Get to know ocean currents and the technology to study them.
- Explore the seabed landscape of the Firth of Lorn on our giant touchscreen.
- Spot and identify the sea life with interactive cameras and hydrophone.
- Explore the life in a drop of sea water using a high-spec microscope.
The cafe is located near the beach with spectacular views of the Morvern peninsula.