An Evening with Alan Thompson
The View and The Longest Forty Production Co. are delighted to announce An Evening with Celtic cult-hero Alan Thompson. Alan will discuss all the amazing tales from his incredible career before answering questions from the audience. A not-to-be-missed evening for all Hoops fans!
The Geordie began his career at his local club Newcastle United before starring at both Bolton Wanderers and Aston Villa. He signed for Martin O'Neill's Celtic for a reported 2.75 million in 2000 and was an integral part of the Celtic team that reached the 2003 UEFA Cup Final where Celtic narrowly lost 3–2 in extra time to Jose Mourinho’s Porto.
Thompson scored the only goal in the 2005 Scottish Cup Final for Celtic against Dundee United to give the outgoing Martin O'Neill his seventh trophy whilst in charge of the club. He also scored the winning goal against Rangers in two separate Old Firm derby matches and seven against Rangers in all.
Having a knack of scoring in big games during his time at Celtic Park, Thompson scored several important goals in European competition including the opening goal in Celtic's 2–0 win over Liverpool at Anfield in March 2003 during Celtic's run to the UEFA Cup Final, and against Barcelona at Parkhead in a 1–0 win a year later as The Hoops reach the quarterfinals of the same tournament.
- Please be aware that Gold & Platinum tickets are extremely limited.
- For sponsorship opportunities please contact email@example.com
- Please note the venue is not wheelchair accessible.
- There is no dress code, but we ask guests to have the ability to cover football colours when in the communal areas of the venue.
- Event times may alter slightly; all attendees will receive an e-mail 2 days before the event with all information. Tickets are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled.
- Under 18’s welcome with an adult.
- Seating is unreserved and on a first come first serve basis (although some ticket holders will have preferential seating).
- By purchasing tickets you agree to our terms and conditions. We recommend you read our full terms and conditions before booking; to do so please click here.